Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Archery is done, Rifle season just around the corner.

Archery is done and Rifle is just a couple days away here in PA.


        Archery here in Pa. was eventful and productive. As you know from my earlier post I was able to harvest my first archery buck. Wasn't quite the outcome I would have hoped for but was successful none the less. I didn't get as much time in the woods this year with other obligations, but I was able to get back in the woods the last two days of the season. It was yet again a action packed and fun time in the woods. I was only able to hunt afternoons this year for varies reasons but mostly personal preference because of my ankle. I hunted 4 afternoon's total for the season and was never disappointed. Each and every time I went into the woods I was able to have some type of encounter with Deer,Turkey, and even a young Bob cat. One thing I did not see was a doe with-in bow range. After shooting the buck I only saw buck with in bow range. In no way am I complaining. It has been a entire hunting career that I have ever had this issue.

Here is a little video of my last day in the stand!

    Pa. Rifle starts November 26th. and I can't wait. This will be the first time in my life I wont be buck hunting with a rifle. I plan to hunt with my friend and his step son the first day hoping to get a mentor hunter his first deer. The only decision I have to make is do i carry my bow or a rifle.Bring on the doe!

No comments:

Post a Comment